Friday, August 26, 2011

Spicy Wok Fried Noodles

Living on my own for the past few months has allowed me to experiment a bit more in the kitchen and I’ve been cooking up a storm. The downside is that I no longer have guinea pigs. I wish I could say this is an original recipe I thought of but alas, no. I had something similar to this at a dim sum restaurant once and fell in love. I love noodles. Any type; rice, egg, wheat, it matters not, my knees go weak at the sight of them.


For this recipe you will need:
• 1 package of fresh rice noodles (found in any Asian supermarket)
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
• 1 hot pepper (preferably from your own garden), more if you want it spicier
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 3 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 1 tbsp water
Cut the noodles into 1 inch pieces and set aside.


Mince the garlic and pepper. Mine was large so I minced half and sliced the other half.


Heat the oil in the wok on medium high. Toss in the minced garlic and pepper, sauté for a few minutes until the garlic is just starting to turn golden.


Turn the heat up to high and throw in the noodles. Stir it around every couple of minutes to prevent sticking. Turn the temp back down to medium high.


Meanwhile in a small bowl stir together the oyster sauce, sugar and water, set aside. Once the noodles are translucent, pour in the sauce mixture and sliced peppers and toss to coat evenly.


Scoop into a bowl and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment